The Deep State And Democrats Will Never Stop Playing Their Witch Hunt Games To Defeat Trump
In a recent legal development, a federal district court in Rhode Island has rejected a bid to disqualify former President Donald Trump from running in the 2024 presidential elections. Chief Judge John J. McConnell of the U.S. District Court dismissed a complaint by John Anthony Castro, a lesser-known Republican presidential candidate from Texas, marking another defeat for Castro, who has filed similar lawsuits in over two dozen states in recent months.
‘Another frivolous 14th Amendment challenge’: Rhode Island federal court dismisses case against Trumphttps://t.co/eS1USKbo0K
— RSBN 🇺🇸 (@RSBNetwork) November 28, 2023
Castro’s argument revolves around the claim that President Trump engaged in insurrection against the United States, particularly in connection to the events of January 6, 2021, at the Capitol. He contends that Trump must be disqualified from federal office under Section Three of the 14th Amendment, a provision historically linked to the American Civil War and the Confederacy.
This Rhode Island case is part of a series of legal challenges initiated by Castro across the country, including in Florida, Colorado, New Hampshire, Minnesota, and Michigan. The dismissals in these states have primarily been based on procedural or jurisdictional grounds, such as lack of standing or the courts’ reluctance to intervene in political matters.
The recent ruling by Judge McConnell follows a November 21 decision by the Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit on the same matter. The higher court affirmed a lower court’s ruling, rejecting Castro’s attempt to remove President Trump from the New Hampshire ballot for the 2024 presidential election. The appellate judges emphasized that Castro failed to demonstrate “injury in fact” necessary for the case under Section Three, deeming his claims too speculative. Continued below the video
Wow She Is Dropping Truth Bombs RT pic.twitter.com/e4ikouB2vY
— Trumps Nephew (@ForgiatoBlow47) November 29, 2023
President Trump’s spokesperson, Steven Cheung, celebrated the Rhode Island court’s decision, characterizing it as a victory for the former president’s campaign. Cheung emphasized the American people’s right to vote for their preferred candidate and urged the dismissal of what he termed “bogus ballot challenges.”
Legal scholars are divided on whether Section Three should disqualify Trump from running. Scholars associated with the Federalist Society argued in a paper that the provision potentially disqualifies Trump due to his alleged role in the attempted overthrow of the 2020 presidential election. On the other hand, legal expert Alan Dershowitz interpreted the provision differently, suggesting it was intended for those who served the Confederacy during the Civil War.
Trump to remain on Colorado ballot after judge rejects 14th Amendment challenge to eligibility “Similar cases In Michigan, Minnesota, and New Hampshire have already been dismissed” – Jason Miller
The issue of disqualification is one that legal experts predict may reach the U.S. Supreme Court. Andrew Gould, a former judge at the Arizona Supreme Court, previously stated that the matter could likely end up at the highest court in the land. However, in October, the Supreme Court rejected an appeal by Castro without providing a recorded vote or rationale, arising from a similar disqualification case against Trump in Florida. Continued below the Goldco Ad
Biden and crew are doing everything possible to take the nation down. Nations and banks around the world are buying Gold fast and at record amounts. Do yourself or your family a favor, check out GOLD now – Whatfinger endorses Goldco, which has helped people all over America to protect their 401Ks and retirement – get the free details – CLICK HERE or below…
Notably, the legal landscape varies across states, with a court in Colorado deviating from the general trend. In Colorado, District Judge Sarah B. Wallace opined that while President Trump may have engaged in insurrection, he should not be disqualified under Section Three because his prior role as president falls outside the scope of the amendment. Both Castro and President Trump have appealed to the Colorado Supreme Court, which is set to hear oral arguments on December 6. This case adds an intriguing dimension to the broader legal debate surrounding Trump’s eligibility for the 2024 presidential election.
Here’s Trump’s statement on Rhode Island, the latest to reject the insanity of the Democrat witch-hunt against him…
Major Points Discussed:
- Federal district court in Rhode Island rejects bid to disqualify Donald Trump from 2024 presidential elections.
- Chief Judge John J. McConnell dismisses the complaint by lesser-known Republican candidate John Anthony Castro.
- Castro’s claims, based on allegations of Trump’s involvement in the January 6, 2021 Capitol breach, cite Section Three of the 14th Amendment.
- Legal scholars disagree on whether Section Three should disqualify Trump, with interpretations varying on its historical context.
- The legal landscape includes dismissals in multiple states, but the Colorado case stands out as it challenges the general trend by arguing that Trump’s prior presidential role exempts him from Section Three disqualification.
James Kravitz, Freelance writer for Whatfinger News
Federal Court Rejects Another Attempt to Bar Trump From 2024 Primary Ballot – https://t.co/Kst0Pl1Qp0
— News ADDICTS (@News_Addicts) November 29, 2023
Comments – Threads – Links
- Trump fundraises off Colorado 14th Amendment case to keep him off ballot – The Hill
- Shocker. Climate huckster thinks the 14th Amendment clearly disqualifies Trump from running for President. His law is no better than his science. And even the name of his organization is deceptive, as it has nothing to do with the presidency. – Jeff Clark
- After his latest win in Rhode Island, President Trump is undefeated against the 14th Amendment cases. How does that make you feel? – Bruce Porter Jr
- From The Extreme Left: Through Section 3 of the 14th amendment and the disqualification processes unfolding across the country, the nation will know if, in the eyes of the Constitution, Donald Trump “is qualified to run for the presidency again – NY Times
- ‘Another frivolous 14th Amendment challenge’: Rhode Island federal court dismisses case against Trump – RSBN
- BREAKING: TRUMP WINS AGAIN! Obama Appointed Rhode Island Federal Judge Has Rejected Another Challenge To Former President Donald Trump’s 2024 Ballot Eligibility Under The 14th Amendment! – Conservative Brief