- House Speaker Mike Johnson (R., La.) has revealed a two-step short-term spending proposal to prevent a partial government shutdown.
- The plan aims to keep funds flowing to federal agencies into early next year and avoids imposing spending cuts or stricter anti-immigration rules at the U.S.-Mexico border.
- A contingency plan, termed a “full-year continuing resolution,” is in place if the two-step proposal fails, maintaining current spending levels with adjustments for national security priorities.
- Opposition arises from spending hawks, with some Republicans insisting on cuts and advocating for finalizing individual spending bills for the entire year.
- Johnson’s proposed plan mirrors the one that led to the removal of former Speaker Kevin McCarthy; if more than four Republicans vote against it, Democrats’ support will be required for passage.
Comments – Threads – Links
- Mike Johnson proposes plan to avoid government shut down with no spending cuts – Post Millennial
- Speaker Johnson is feverishly fundraising on FEAR OF A DEMOCRAT SUPERMAJORITY. Hate to tell ya Speaker, but Dems already have that. You won’t shutdown Ukraine. You won’t close the border. You won’t impeach Biden. So WHAT would our donation actually get us? NAME ONE THING. – Ann Vandersteel
- As the Government shutdown looms again, Speaker Mike Johnson unveiled a Republican stopgap measure that will continue our out of control spending. This plan is expected to add $2 trillion in debt by March, the fastest addition in history. Grand Old Patriots
- “I think you’ll get some Democrat votes … You’ll get some Republicans not to vote for it.” — Rep. Carlos Giménez (R-FL), who also concedes that Speaker Mike Johnson’s proposed continuing resolution to avoid a govt. shutdown is similar to “what got Kevin McCarthy in trouble” SEE clip below
“I think you’ll get some Democrat votes … You’ll get some Republicans not to vote for it.”
— Rep. Carlos Giménez (R-FL), who also concedes that Speaker Mike Johnson’s proposed continuing resolution to avoid a govt. shutdown is similar to “what got Kevin McCarthy in trouble” pic.twitter.com/1J5uMdLhE5
— The Recount (@therecount) November 13, 2023
Biden and crew are doing everything possible to take the nation down. Nations and banks around the world are buying Gold fast and at record amounts. Do yourself or your family a favor, check out GOLD now – Whatfinger endorses Goldco, which has helped people all over America to protect their 401Ks and retirement – get the free details – CLICK HERE or below…